Skip Navigation
Brookfield CT Home
This table is used for column layout.

Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System

Town Clerk
Contact TypeContact Information
Town Clerk
Assistant Town Clerk
Assistant Town Clerk
Town Clerk Aide
P O Box 5106
100 Pocono Road
Brookfield, CT 06804-5106
Mon-Fri: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Thursdays: Until 6:00PM
Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page

Mission Statement:
The Town Clerk's Office serves as Brookfield's repository of records for all documents that pertain to the Town and its residents. All of our employees are committed totally to providing effective and efficient patron service through the promotion of friendly and ethical conduct in a nonpartisan and welcoming environment.

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit a Freedom of Information request form?
Go to Downloadable Forms located at the top of the page and print out the FOI request form. This can be submitted to the Brookfield Town Clerk.

Voting Districts - Polling Places
District 1 – Huckleberry Hill School- Candlewood Lake Rd.
District 2 – Brookfield High School- Long Meadow Hill Rd.

How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
Refer to Downloadable Forms at the top of the page to print an application. Complete the application and bring or mail to the Town Clerk’s office.
Absentee Ballots for the November 8, 2016 Presidential Election will be available on October 7 in the office of the Town Clerk. More information on dates and deadlines for the election is available HERE

What are the fees for recording?
As of July 1, 2009, the charge to record a document is $53.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page. Warranty deeds are an additional $2.00 for the document.

If the document is a MERS document (Mortgage Electronic Registration Services), the cost is $159.00 for a release or assignment, and mortgage documents are $159.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.

What do I need to obtain a marriage license?  
Refer to Downloadable Forms at the top of the page to print an application.

Marriage licenses are issued through the Town Clerk's office any day the office is open up to a halfhour before closing time.

Please bring in your current driver's license or a passport with your completed Marriage License Worksheet. The cost is $30.00 for the license, and $20.00 for the certified copy (cash or check only).

The bride and groom must both appear in person.

If you are under 16 years of age, consent is needed from the Judge of Probate.

If you are under 18, parental or guardian consent is needed.

What is the conveyance tax in Brookfield?
The conveyance tax is .25% of the purchase price of the property.

How do I register a business out of my home?
Please refer to the Downloadable Forms link at the top of the page to print out a Trade Name application.
Come to the Town Clerk's office to get a trade name certificate and fill it out. The cost is $8.00 (cash or check only).

How do I obtain a copy of my child's birth certificate?
Per State Statute, copies of birth certificates are restricted to certain individuals: the person who is the subject of birth certificate; paren; grandparent; grandchildren; guardian, if minor; spouse; or children, if over 18.

If you lived in Brookfield when your child was born,the birth certificate is filed in the Town Clerk's office. You need to come in to the office and fill out the paperwork, or bring in the Birth Certificate Copy Form, located in the Downloadable Forms link at the top of the page, already completed, and have a valid driver's license. If photo identification is unavailable, originals or photocopies of 2 of the following documents may be substituted:
1. Social Security Card
2. Written verification of identity from employer
3. Automobile registration
4. Copy of utility bill showing name and address
5. Checking account deposit slip stating name and address.

Cost is $20.00 (cash or check only).

How do I apply for a dog license? How do I renew my dog's license?
Come to the Town Clerk's office, and complete or bring with you already completed. You can find the application under the Downloadable Forms link at the top of the page.

Present a current rabies certificate.

Proof of spaying or neutering must be presented.
Pet information needed: name, address, phone, owners name, type of dog.
Dog licenses need to be renewed every June.
Yearly fee is $8.00 for an altered dog, or $19.00 for an unaltered dog.

Late renewal charge is $1.00 per month.

How do I obtain a copy of a marriage or death certificate?
A request can be made in person or by mail. Or download the form under the Downloadable Forms tab at the top of the page.

Name and date of occurrence is needed.

Fee is $20.00 for one certified copy (cash or check only)..

Where Can I Obtain Working Papers?
Working papers are issued from the Brookfield Board of Education.

100 Pocono Road, Brookfield, CT 06804
Phone: (203) 775-7300